When you attempt to access a host computer, you receive the following error message:
Error: Logon Failure: User account restriction. (1327).
This error occurs when you try to sign into a host computer with a Windows Username that does not have a password associated with it.
Please physically go to the computer you wish to access, and follow the steps below:
- Click on Start, then Run; (Windows Vista/7 users please type in Run into the Instant Search box).
- If you are on a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 computer, type:
- If it is Windows 2000, type:
- Click OK. The Windows User Accounts screen will appear.
- Click the Add button.
- In the user name box, type (exactly!)
LogMeInRemoteUser and click Next.
- In the password screen, set a password that is at least 8 characters long, letters or numbers, keeping in mind that it is case sensitive. This password will be the Access Code. Click Next.
- At the last window it should say What Level of Access do you want to Grant this User? select Other and make sure the word Administrator is selected. Click OK twice.