This is a courtesy article to assist with AVG software blocking LogMeIn. If you need further assistance, please contact AVG support.
AVG Internet Security
Included with AVG Internet Security is a firewall component that may prevent LogMeIn from operating properly.
To resolve the problem:
- Right-click the AVG icon in the Windows systray, then click Launch AVG Control Center.
- Select Tools, then Firewall Settings.
- Under the Profiles option on the left side of the screen, click the + next to the bottom profile listed, i.e., "Standalone computer" or "Small home or office network."
- Click the + next to Applications.
- Find LogMeIn in the list and modify the Application action to Allow for all
- Scroll back up to Applications and click on it so it is highlighted.
- Select Add on the right hand side of the page.
- Click the button next to Path and browse to
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86 (x64 for 64 bit OS).
- Select LogMeInSystray.exe and click Open.
- Change the Application action to Allow for all and select Apply.
- Repeat these steps for the following LogMeIn files: LMIGuardian.exe, raabout.exe
Once these steps have been completed, click the LogMeIn tray icon and click Open LogMeIn. Once the LogMeIn toolkit opens, click on the power button in the top left corner to disable LogMeIn. Once disabled, click on the power button again to re-enable LogMeIn. LogMeIn should no longer appear as Enabled but offline.
AVG Support Center: http://www.avg.com/us-en/support