Hamachi exits with error 1068 on launch, even when trying to manually start the Hamachi Tunneling Engine from the Windows Service Manager.
Error 1068 is an operating system error that occurs when Windows is unable to start a dependency service.
- Open the Run window by holding the Windows logo key and pressing 'R'.
- Type services.msc and click OK.
The Service Manager is displayed.
- Start each of the following services in order, and make sure that they are configured to start automatically:
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Right-click the service in the services list.
- Click Properties.
- Select Automatic as Startup type.
- Click Start.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Right-click the 'LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine' service and click Start in the popup menu.
- Restart Hamachi.