When trying to connect to a mapped network drive in File Manager, you receive an 'Error 3' message.
Solution one: Reboot the host
- Restart the host computer then connect to the mapped network drive in File Manager.
Solution two: Manually input the share file path in File Manager
- When connected to the host computer using remote control, open the Windows File Explorer (Windows key + E).
- Find the filepath of the drive you want to map. Here's how:
- Right-click on the drive letter and select Properties
- Click the DFS tab (only available for Network Drives)
- The path usually follows this convention: \\servername\foldername
- Disconnect remote control.
- Connect using File Manager.
- For the Remote computer (the right side of the File Manager interface) enter the file path in the field at the top of the page: \\servername\foldername.
- Press Enter.
You should now be able to see the folder and drive letter contents.