This release introduces user management and sharing improvements to Files for LogMeIn Pro
New Feature: Ability to share folders with users
You can turn Files into a collaboration tool by sharing folders
with specific users who will be able to view, modify and delete all content in the shared folders.
- On the Files page, click the folder you want to share.
- In the share column, click the link share folder.
- Under Users, enter the email addresses of the people you want to collaborate with. They do not need to be LogMeIn users already.
- Click Share with users. An invitation email is sent from LogMeIn Auto-Mailer.
- The invited users must open the invitation and click the invitation link. Any invitee who is not yet a LogMeIn user will be prompted to create a LogMeIn account. Any invitee who is already a LogMeIn user will have a new profile added to his existing LogMeIn account: User of [your "Company Name"].
New Feature: Ability to manage Files permissions for users
On the Users
page under Accessible Files
, you can grant access to files and folders that are stored in your account using the Files for LogMeIn Pro
|All files and folders in my account||Grant access to all files and folders stored in your account. This allows the user to read, modify, and delete your files and folders.|
|None||Do not allow the user to access the Files feature. None of your data stored in Files is made available unless you choose to share a link.|
|Grant access to specific folders||To grant access to specific folders, go to the Files page and click Share folder for any folder. You can choose to either share a link, which gives anyone read-only access to the folder; or to invite users, which gives them the ability to read, modify, or delete items in the folder.|
Remember: You cannot invite users to individual files. Individual files can only be shared via link – meaning you can either share a file with anyone who has the link or with nobody at all.