If you receive a message: "The Backup Set was Exported to another Storage PC" when trying to Import the backup set to a storage computer, this would indicate that the backup set has not been created or exported properly. When creating and exporting a backup set please choose the final storage computer within the Storage PC drop down box. During the backup set creation process you must select the final storage computer as the storage location. This is also true if you are exporting an existing backup set.
If a backup set export was conducted, and the wrong storage computer was selected when you performed the export please use the following steps to import the Backup Set to the storage computer:
The following steps require you to open the Windows Registry. If you are not familiar with the Windows Registry we recommend contacting LogMeIn Customer Support before proceeding.
- On the storage computer where you wish to store your data, please open Start > Run and type regedit. This will open the Windows registry.
- Open the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LogMeinBackup.
- Right-click on the folder LogMeInBackup and choose New > Key. Enter the name Import.
- Right-click on the newly created Import key and choose New > DWORD. Enter the name ImportOthers.
- Right-click the newly created ImportOthers DWORD key and choose Modify. Then enter a value of 1 and select Ok.
- Close the Registry by choosing the red X button near the top right.
- This will allow the computer to import the backup set.
- If you receive the same error, restart the storage computer and try the import again.