There is a security feature in Firefox 3 that may prevent you from downloading and running the LogMeIn Rescue applet or LogMeIn installer files. This issue will produce the error: "Your Current Security Settings Do Not Allow This File To Be Downloaded."
Firefox 3 does not support trusted zones, but Firefox 3 does have the tendency to use the security settings of Internet Explorer. If you should have this problem, the following may help resolve it:
- Please make sure both Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer are closed.
- Click the Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Make sure you select Classic View from the left pane.
- Open Internet Options.
- Select the Security Tab.
- Select the Internet zone ( it will have a plain globe above it ) so it is highlighted.
- Click the Custom Level.. button.
- In this list, look for the section under Miscellaneous.
- From this section, change the setting under Launching applications and unsafe files to Prompt (recommended).
Once you have done this, please try opening Firefox 3 and downloading the file again.