What are Channels?
Channels provide you alternative connection methods beyond the standard LogMeIn123 and Email link. They allow you to establish and sort incoming connections to specific technician groups. A Channel can be connected via a Channel link, or to one or more of the following connection methods:
- Custom Live Support Form: Customizable html code that can be inserted directly into a website.
- Calling Card: Brand-able program/applet installed directly on the users computer.
- Instant Chat: Web Chat feature that can be embedded in your website.
How do I setup Channels?
You can have up to 10 active Channels. To activate Channels:
- Log in to your Rescue Administration Center.
- Click the Channels tab and select a Technician Group.
- Select one or more Channels to be enabled for this group.
You may then specify which Technicians are assign to which Channels by highlighting the Technicians one at a time while still on the Channels tab.
While on the Channels tab, click on any one of the Channels to edit the settings for this Channel. You can configure the following:
- Channel Name: Only visible to the Administrator, not to the customer.
- Description: Same as the Channel Name setting.
- Channel link: This link can be embedded directly into your website, and will direct customers to the specified Channel, where they will wait to be picked up by a Technician in that Group.
- Customer Live Support Forms: Performs the same function as the Channel link, but also gathers customizable information from the customer, such as their name and phone number.
- Custom Live Support Forms with self-hosted Instant Chat: Provides you the Instant Chat functionality, which will connect a customer to a Chat-only session. From an Instant Chat session, a technician can download the applet to begin a remote control session if needed.
There will also be a section for assigning a Calling Card installer name to this channel.
For more information about Channels, please see our LogMeIn Rescue Administration Center User Guide.