If your backups are reporting that they have completed successfully, but are missing some files or folders, the Windows system account may not have full access to the files or folders. This usually occurs because the files or folders are on a network drive.
To be sure this is the issue, open the Backup History option within the Backup Console. Select the backup set and choose Show Report. When the report opens, search for the files that are missing. If you see a message stating "Cannot access file" please use the following steps to correct the problem:
- Open the LogMeIn Backup Console on the source computer and select User Settings.
- Choose Scheduled Backups and select Run Scheduled Backups on behalf of.
- Enter a Windows username and password for an account that has full access to the files or folders.
- Choose the Test Settings Button to verify the user account.
- Click the Save Settings button to close the screen. You may need to run LogMeIn Backup as a domain administrator depending on the way the permissions have been configured within your network.
- Run the backup set and confirm the files were transferred by viewing the Backup History report.