If you receive an error 1316 while installing LogMeIn or RemotelyAnywhere, you need to go into the registry and delete the keys referencing your MSI package.
You can do this by:
- Windows XP, 2000:
Start > Run, type:
regedit, and press [Enter]
- Windows Vista and Windows 7:
regedit in the Instant Search bar, and hit [Enter}
- Expand the + next to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE
- Expand the + next to SOFTWARE
- Expand the + next to CLASSES
- Expand the + next to INSTALLER
- Expand the + next to PRODUCTS
- Please click on each folder until you find the one on the right that says Product Name = Remotely Anywhere or LogMeIn. Delete this key and then attempt to re-install the software.