Windows and Mac allow you to save credentials when connecting to Network resources. If stored credentials are expired or no longer valid, the target share returns an error:
The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password.
How to clear stored credentials
- Open your Start menu and in the search bar type manage passwords.
- Select Manage Windows Credentials.
- Check/edit/delete your saved network credentials as required
Using Command Line
net use \\ComputerName\FolderName$ /delete
On a Mac
- In Finder, click Go at the top of the screen.
- Click Utilities.
- Click Keychain access.
- Under login, ctrl+click the relevant entry.
- Click delete.
Note: You can't delete credentials via Terminal.