To delete a backup set or an encrypted backup set without the password, you can do the following:
1. First, shut down the LogMeIn Backup services on the storage computer. Click the Start button > Run. Then type services.msc. When the window opens look for three services that start with LogMeIn Backup. Click on each one and choose Stop.
2. Browse to the LogMeIn Backup Storage Folder in Windows Explorer and open the folder. Then open the file that says Backup.xml. It is recommended that you make a copy of this file before opening.
3. In the Backup.xml file you will see a list of backup set names as well as some other information. Find the name of the backup set in question.
4. Associated with this backup set you will see an Alpha-Numeric name in bold letters. Keep track of this Alpha-Numeric name.
5. In the LogMeIn Backup storage folder delete the folder with the Alpha-Numeric name associated to the backup set name.
6. Start the LogMeIn Backup services on the storage computer. Click the Start button > Run. Type services.msc and when the window opens select each service that begins with LogMeIn Backup and choose Start.