Files for LogMeIn gives you a new way to retrieve and share files from anywhere. You get 1TB of storage per Pro or Central subscription.
- An active LogMeIn Pro or Central subscription
- The latest version of a leading browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari; Internet Explorer 10 or above
Note: Shared links can be opened in any leading browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Edge) on any major operating system (mobile or desktop). No LogMeIn account required.
Getting started with Files for LogMeIn
- On a Windows or Mac computer, go to www.LogMeIn.com.
- Log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
- On the Computers page left menu, click Files.
- You're ready to try Files.
Upload files or folders
Important: The maximum file size a single file can be is 2gb.
- Click the upload file (all browsers) or upload folder icon (Chrome only).
- Browse your local files/folders and select items to upload.
- Click Open to upload.
Drag and drop any of your local files (all browsers) or folders (Chrome only) to the Files page.
Upload progress is indicated at the bottom of the Files page.
Download a file
- Option A. Right click any file and click Download
- Option B. Double click a file
Important: You cannot download a folder, only individual files.
Share a file or folder (read-only access)
You can share files and folders by sending a link to others using email, chat, or your preferred tool. Anyone with the link is able to view the file or folder (read-only access). Here's how to generate and copy the link.
- On the Files page, click the item you want to share.
- In the share column, click the link share file or share folder.
- Click Generate link.
- Copy the generated URL to your clipboard.
- Send the link to others using email, chat, or your preferred tool.
Share a folder with Users (view, modify, delete)
You can turn Files into a collaboration tool by sharing folders
with specific users who will be able to view, modify and delete all content in the shared folders.
- On the Files page, click the folder you want to share.
- In the share column, click the link share folder.
- Under Users, enter the email addresses of the people you want to collaborate with. They do not need to be LogMeIn users already.
- Click Share with users. An invitation email is sent from LogMeIn Auto-Mailer.
- The invited users must open the invitation and click the invitation link. Any invitee who is not yet a LogMeIn user will be prompted to create a LogMeIn account. Any invitee who is already a LogMeIn user will have a new profile added to his existing LogMeIn account: User of [your "Company Name"].
Stop sharing (remove link)
To stop sharing a linked item, you must remove its link.
- On the Files page, select an item.
- In the Share column, click the shared link icon. The Share dialog is displayed.
- Click Remove link.
Access your Files drive on your desktop
Connect your storage space as a network drive for easy access from your PC or Mac.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 with the latest version of the LogMeIn Client
- Mac OS X 10.8 or above with the latest version of the LogMeIn Client
- Open the LogMeIn Client.
- At the bottom of the LogMeIn Client under LogMeIn Files, click Open.
Your Files drive is added to Windows Explorer under Computer as LogMeIn Files - [your LogMeIn ID].
To stop using Files in this way, click File > Close LogMeIn Files drive. No data is lost.
What happens at the end of your trial or subscription?
- Everything in your Files drive remains in read-only mode for 14 days:
- You can download existing files and folders, but you can't upload new data
- Existing public links remain active, but you can't create new ones
- If you are an account holder with invited users:
- The feature is dropped from LogMeIn Pro for all invited users
- You can no longer manage permissions for this feature (Accessible Files)
- After 14 days the feature will no longer be available for use